The Rotating Tram Cars in Palm Springs, California
Gorgeous mountaintop views of Coachella Valley and Palm Springs
If you can only do one thing in the entire Coachella Valley, the Aerial Tramway might just be it. With a beautiful view of the Coachella Valley below and miles upon miles of open hiking trails atop the San Jacinto State Forest, the ride up and back are an unforgettable experience.
Pack a sweatshirt and get ready for the trip, and keep in mind temperatures are often 30 degrees cooler at the top! Located in the town of Palm Springs, the Tramway is easy to find on Highway 111.
One other thing you’ll also want to bring: a camera with a tripod for those that are looking for a great night time photo (see an example below), or just relax and enjoy the restaurant at the top of the mountain for an unforgettable evening atop one of California’s most scenic spots.
Things to Do on the Aerial Tramway
The Tramway has a number of fun things to do at all times of year, besides just taking the ride up and back. Here are some ideas:
- Take a hike on the 50+ miles of hiking trails atop the mountain
- In the winter, cross country skiing is a great activity
- Dine at the restaurant atop the mountain
- Campsites are located in San Jacinto State Park atop the Tramway
- Take a night photo from the top of the mountain
- Have a drink at the station at the top of the tram